Willkommen! Einloggen Ein neues Profil erzeugen

erweitert
Simploo CMS

. In addition to their veteran leadership,

geschrieben von hfy962464 
. In addition to their veteran leadership,
10.05.2018 10:29:41
ST. Nick Jensen Jersey . LOUIS -- T.J. Oshie thought he got a bit lucky, but it helped the St. Louis Blues beat the Boston Bruins. Oshie scored 3:29 into overtime, jamming the puck in from the side of the net as the Blues won 3-2 on Thursday night. "It was a pretty lucky bounce," Oshie said. "It hit off me and went straight toward the net and I just started whacking and poked it in there. Well take the point for sure." Boston goalie Tuukka Rask didnt have much a chance on Oshies unassisted goal. "It hit Oshies skate and it hit the back of the net and it was on his stick and then he backed it off my pad I guess," Rask said. "What are you going to do?" It was the third straight home game that went to overtime for the Blues. Alexander Steen and Jaden Schwartz also scored for St. Louis, which blew a 2-0 lead in the third period as Boston scored in a span of just over 2 minutes. St. Louis also blew a two-goal lead Tuesday in a shootout loss to Ottawa. Boston had won in its last three trips to St. Louis, and this was the first Blues home win against the Bruins since Oct. 6, 2006, in a shootout. The last regulation win at home against Boston came on Dec. 18, 1999. "I think when you play Boston, I think its a great evaluator," St. Louis coach Ken Hitchcock said. "It gives you a real good read on your competitive level. It gives you a great read on your execution under pressure." David Krejci and Brad Marchand scored for the Bruins. Steen gave the Blues a 1-0 lead with his 28th goal when he ripped a slap shot from the top of the right circle to beat Rask at 15:48 of the first period. Jaden Schwartz fed the puck to Steen, who has eight points in his last nine games. Schwartz made it 2-0 when he snapped a wrist shot from the left circle at 3:32 of the second period. The shot by Schwartz grazed the left shoulder of Rusk, who was screened by Kevan Miller. It was the 18th goal by Schwartz. St. Louis Jaroslav Halak stopped 24 shots in the first two periods before allowing two on the first seven shots in the third. "Our most competitive player tonight was our goalie," Hitchcock said. "I mean, the goalie was outstanding. He helped us a lot." Krejci scored for Boston on a wrist shot from the top of the slot at 9:16, and Marchand then scored on a rebound of a shot by Johnny Boychuck at 11:24. "I dont think I could have done anything different about those two," Halak said. "I think we responded the right way after they scored. We skated hard. We battled hard." The Blues went 0-for-3 on the power play, and are now 0-for-12 in the last three games. Boston is 7-2-1 in its last 10 games, and the Bruins dropped their first on the road in their last six games. "I thought our team played extremely well and probably deserved better," Boston coach Claude Julien said. "It was an unfortunate bounce to lose that game in overtime, but still a great effort from our team." NOTES: Hall of Fame inductee and former St. Louis Rams player Aeneas Williams dropped the ceremonial first puck. ... Boston captain Zdeno Chara was not at the game. He has left for the Olympics, where he is to carry Slovakias flag in the opening ceremonies. Defenceman David Warsofsky took his place in the lineup. ... Blues F Vladimir Sobotak (knee) and F Vladimir Tarasenko (flu) did not play. ... Boston D Adam McQuaid (lower body) did not play. ... Blues F Brenden Morrow played his 900th career game. He is the 47th active player to accomplish the feat. Darren Helm Jersey . -- Fresh off their surprising run in the playoffs, the Portland Trail Blazers have signed head coach Terry Stotts to a multi-year contract extension. Dennis Cholowski Jersey . They showered him with "MVP! MVP!" chants. In many ways, it seemed like hed never been gone. http://www.redwingshockeyauthentic.com/andreas-athanasiou-jersey/ . The thunderous cheers quickly changed to an appreciative chant: "Ma-son! Ma-son! Ma-son! Headed to New York with new life, Mason sure earned this curtain call.FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - Isaac Sopoaga celebrated his 32nd birthday nearly two months ago. The massive defensive tackle feels like he received a belated gift this week when the New England Patriots acquired him from Philadelphia at the trade deadline. "Today is my daughters fourth birthday, but I feel like yesterday and today is my birthday," he said Wednesday, a day after the deal. "The Patriots, you know, its like a dream come true, to be honest. Respect these guys the last 10 years. They won (the Super Bowl) three times. Its just an awesome feeling." The proven run stopper, who started seven of the Eagles first eight games this season, was brought on to bolster the Patriots depleted defence thats struggled recently against the run. Sopoaga spent the first eight years of his career with the San Francisco 49ers and played in the Super Bowl earlier this year before being signed by Philadelphia as an unrestricted free agent in March. The 6-foot-2, 330-pounder recorded 10 tackles for the Eagles. He has started in 87 of 133 career games with 465 tackles, 7 1/2 sacks, one forced fumble and two fumble recoveries. "Hes basically played defensive tackle and nose tackle throughout his career," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said. "Strong guy, physical guy." Sopoaga sure has some big shoes to fill — as well as some developing gaps. New England (6-2) has been without starting defensive tackles Vince Wilfork and Tommy Kelly for the past three weeks. Wilfork, the heart of the defence the last 10 years, was placed on season-ending injured reserve Oct. 3 with a torn right Achilles tendon, and Kelly has been sidelined for the last three games with a knee injury. Middle linebacker and leading tackler Jerod Mayo also was lost for the season, place on injured reserve two weeks ago with a torn pectoral muscle. The Patriots are now preparing for the Pittsburgh Steelers (2-5) with a vastly different defensive cast than they started with in training camp. "Its great to have all your players and be at full strength. Jimmy Howard Jersey. The reality of it is thats usually not the case. Every team in the league goes through the same thing somewhere along the line," Belichick said. "All the players that are on the team have a role and they have to be ready when theyre called on to perform that role. "We have to be able to adjust during the game when those situations occur or during the week or during the year if its a long-term thing." The Patriots have acclimated to life without their stalwart linemen by leaning heavily on rookies Chris Jones and Joe Vellano. They also signed 34-year-old defensive end Andre Carter last week in the hope the 12-year veteran can rekindle some of the success he experienced in his lone season with the team in 2011, when he registered 10 sacks. In addition to their veteran leadership, Carter and Sopoaga both will be counted on to shore up a rushing defence that ranks 31st in the league at 130.8 yards per game, ahead of only winless Jacksonville. Prior to the losses of Wilfork and Kelly, the Patriots were allowing 105 yards rushing per game and had permitted just one touchdown rushing through the first four games. Over their last four, including both losses, they are yielding 156.5 yards rushing — much of it up the middle — and three touchdowns. The second half of the season appears to be getting brighter, though. Kelly returned to practice Wednesday for the first time since getting hurt Oct. 6 against Cincinnati, and Sopoaga is eager to get started with the team he was shocked to be traded to. "When I found out yesterday, I was with the Eagles and then after I had to drive to South Jersey so I could pack my stuff and then get ready," Sopoaga said. "On the highway, even though it was like a 50 (miles per hour) speed limit, us Samoan people, we go double the speed limit. "I was surprised, and something Ive got to live with, Ive got to do, Ive got to face, and you know, got to win." Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um sich einzuloggen